Hi everyone!
Well this has been a not so fun week, I must admit. On Tuesday, I spent three hours getting bloodwork and various other things done, on Wednesday I had to have vaccinations for Hepatitis A & B, Typhus, and have malaria pills explained to me (which apparently include hair loss and some sort of blisters in your mouth that she couldn't quite explain to me). Yesterday I was feeling some side effects of the vaccinations which included fever-like symptoms including burning up and then being cold, and a pounding headache and my arms are still hurting so much I can't even lie on them. Yes, I am complaining a lot, but I asked her to put them all in one arm so I could at least lie on one side but that was rejected. I think on some level it's the nurses way of having fun, she knows we are going to go home and not be able to do anything comfortably with either arm ;). Ok, I am not that paranoid, but still I am getting sick of all these doctors appointments. I started off this morning with an eye appointment even, although that has been the best one over the past few weeks. I have to run down to the hospital again today because they called yesterday and mentioned they didn't have my insurance information on file, that's definitely not bills I want to be stuck with! Still, insurance didn't cover my vaccinations or eye appointment, but I think they are a little more affordable here than in the states. My vaccinations rang up to about $150 euros (about 225 dollars) and my contacts for 6 months were 200 euros (about $300). Still very expensive but I think for insurance not covering those things it could be much worse. My bank card was also shut off because apparently the city and the bank do not keep in contact and the bank had not received my tax number, until I go to the city council and get a paper verifying I have one and bring it to a bank, my card is effectively useless. I met with one of my thesis supervisors yesterday and have to have a more final research proposal ready by Monday basically and my class starts on Wednesday where we will do final preparations for our fieldwork... Basically, I am running around like a madwoman, and this is a venting post it looks like, sorry everyone!
On a positive note, I booked my tickets to India and I will officially be there from February 9, 2009- May 21, 2009, about 3.5 months. I should be able to spend the last 2 weeks or so exploring which I am really looking forward to, but I am of course hoping friends will visit during that time so I am not exploring alone. I will have a new cell phone in India and will send everyone the phone number and address as soon as I find out what it will be. Care packages are greatly appreciated! ;) (I actually don't know if there would be anything I would need from the States, but even letters are always nice to get).
I also have to move out of my room by the 26th of this month since I definitely cannot afford to keep it while I am gone, I am going to have to look for something else as soon as I get home.
I guess that's about all that's going on here. It is a really foggy day, even the sun is barely visible. It's kind of like being in a ghost movie. I am going to ride my bike around town and get some of this stuff done! Hope everyone is enjoying their week. Love to all.
*The picture is one taken on New Years Eve.
1 comment:
I liked the pictures.The Cathedral is some thing. Ian
Post a Comment