I know many of you have been worried and heard that I was sick here in Ghana. According to the doctor here I had malaria. Before you ask- no I do not know which strain or any of the other in depth information. They began treating me for it immediately when I arrived at the hospital and I was told made it a much quicker and simpler recovery for me by them choosing to begin giving me my treatments intravenously. Although at the time I hated them for stabbing me all over the place with needles. My veins are infamous for moving, collapsing, and generally being uncooperative. This led to them attempting to get blood or insert an IV up to 4 times before actually hitting a vein... while I yelled. I really really dislike needles, maybe dislike is being too nice of a word. I HATE needles. However, I am alive and well with only some small bruises to show for it.
Unfortunately, 2 of my volunteers are sick as well (I know, I know, what is going on here?!) They will be fine too, it's just a shame that they aren't feeling well and are having their time here in Ghana dampened by hospital visits...
This week will be a busy week playing catch up... I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for all the love and prayers. Love you guys.
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. Doesn't sound like much fun :-(
We are happy you are doing ok.Ian
Post a Comment